October meeting minutes

HEANTON PUNCHARDON PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES of the Parish Council Meeting 19 October 2021

The Royal British Legion Hall Wrafton

Present: Cllrs.Mrs J Elliott, S Crowther, D Holt, J Turner, M France,  L Gilkes,

G Norman

Apologies:  Cllrs.  A Braunton, A Essex, S French. Cllr Pru Maskell,

Cllr Andrea Davis, Maj. Mark Woosey

In Attendance: M J Measures (Clerk to the Council).

Discloseable  Interests: None.  Chairman’s Discretion: None

  1. Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting 21September 2021                                                       These were agreed and signed as a true record 
  1. Police Report:

Copy of the monthly Report has  been sent to Members. 

  1. Reports from County and District Councillors.

A copy of Cllr Pru Maskell’s report was sent to all Councillors. It includes: School Streets Scheme: Road Wardens: Antisocial Behaviour; National Bus Strategy; Flu and Covid 19 Vaccinations. (a copy is attacched to the Minutes).

Cllr Andrea Davis’ report was sent to all Councillors and includes: Coronavirus Boosters; Planning Enforcement; Refuse Collections.(copy attached to the Minutes). 

  1. Correspondence.

Copies sent to Councillors include: Planning Compliance Survey; Flyposting: Families for Children. 

  1. Matters.

Invoices agreed for payment: BeCleanSolar £26.50 (oct; C F Wallis £120.00 (Oct);

Poppy Appeal £30.00. Balance at 19 October £14,111.02 (includes grant funds). 

  1. Planning Matters

74502 – Listed building application for provision of a steel restraint frame to the roof frame within the tower at Braunton Inn Road from Chivenor Cross to Braunton Road Chivenor.                                          Recommend : Approval 

  1. Velator Nature Reserve S106 Project Brief.

Cllr Holt said there is no further report as the S106 funds have still not been confirmed. The Clerk will contact Cllr Mrs Davis for an update. 

  1. Neighbourhood Plan.

Cllr Crowther gave an up-date on the Neighbourhood Plan Project and stressed the difficuties attached to achieving a plan. A copy of the draft Project Plan was given to all Members. The update notes will be sent to Members with a copy attached to the Minutes. A full discussion will be held at the next meeting. 

  1. Community Field Wrafton

Cllr Turner reported that the local contractor has not yet given a quote for the proposed path and safety barrier. Cllr Pru Maskell has confirmed a grant of £1000 is available. Cllr Turner said, in response to some local concerns, he will send a letter to local residents to keep them informed. The new picnic tables will be delivered on Monday 25 October.  

  1. Fire-Service Response

North Devon Council commented that the information we require has to come from the Fire Service as it is not held by the local Council. The Clerk will follow up 

  1. High-Vis Clothing

Cllr Norman commented, that when litter-picking, it would be good to wear high-vis jackets with the name of the Council on the back. The Clerk had contacted

Hi-vis Clothing UK and obtained a price of £5.30 per jacket. Cllr Crowther will design the wording and logo. It was agreed to purchase 24 jackets. 

  1. Parish Paths Partnership Scheme (P3)

The Clerk had obtained information and maps from Devon County Council Rights of Way. He briefly explained the Scheme and confirmed there are about 8 miles of footpaths in the Parish for which DCC will give a grant of £240.00 towards the up-keep.. The Clerk will obtain a draft contract from DCC and bring to Council. 

  1. Chairman’s Discretion.

None

 

                                                                                The meeting closed at 19.58

 

 

 

          Chairman……………………………………………. date…………………………….

           

 

Posted in Minutes.